Sunday, March 23, 2014

As I lay writing this from my figurative hospital bed....

I am VERY GLAD to hear about enrollment dropping off at law schools.  I have no idea if the media is writing about it as much as they were a few years ago, but I still perform individual grassroots activities in deterring people from the profession of law. 

It is nearly 1 a.m. where I am sitting and I just finished off a glass of wine.  I have become more of a hermit than I can imagine.  I miss that guy that wrote that other blog that shut it down after he revealed his identity.  

Asking for an elimination of law school attendance is like spaying and neutering the entire pet population.  That's great until it turns out like "Children of Men."  

We need SOME lawyers.  Somebody needs to prosecute people and handle divorces.  But being an attorney is like being on American Idol.  Every week is an audition and everyone is vulnerable to being cut.

People can have everything one minute then lose it the next.  There are only a few meteoric people who maintain some sort of trajectory.  There are a few Tom Cruises but many more Chris O'Donnells and Sam Worthingtons that made some big movies then pooped out.

2 comments:

  1. The law school swine are desperate for asses in seats now. It is fun watching them squeal and squirm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We need SOME lawyers. Somebody needs to prosecute people and handle divorces. But being an attorney is like being on American Idol. Every week is an audition and everyone is vulnerable to being cut."

    The situation is not 'there will be no lawyers'; the situation is heading *towards* (it will never arrive at) only 3 new grads for every 2 jobs, rather than 4, 5, 6 or 10 new grads.

    ReplyDelete